Grants Application Process
Apply for a grant
- Please contact Lynne Heidel at- heidel.lynne
@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns on the LOI process.
- Due the last day of October.
- Committees will review all LOIs in early December and will select the agencies that will be invited to submit full proposals.
WRWF accepts applications in the following areas:
- Social Services
Our criteria include the following:
- Capacity building and sustainability: providing your organization with building blocks to support your mission
- Addressing a critical community need in Blaine County
- Developing new ventures
- Creating new approaches to persistent problems
- Overall enrichment of the community
Funding for endowments and projects outside Blaine County will not be considered.
We look forward to working with you on this process. If you’d like more information please contact us at email@example.com.
- Letter of Inquiry (LOIs) are due from nonprofits the last day of October
- Grants Committee volunteers meet to narrow the Letters of Inquiry under consideration to those from whom we will accept full proposals
- All applicants are notified by email by mid-December to inform them of the status of their LOI
- Applications for $10,000 are distinguished by a simplified process
- Full grant proposals due from all selected agencies late in the month
- Committee chairs schedule site visits with the agencies
- Site visits completed by the end of the month
- Grants Committee meets to choose finalists early in month
- Finalists requesting over $10,000 present their proposals to the membership mid-month
- Membership is given summaries of all finalists’ proposals
- Membership votes by ranking their choices for two groups of proposals: $10,000 and under and over $10,000.
- Voting deadline for members is mid-month
- Agencies notified of results
July and August
- Grant Agreements between grantees and WRWF are signed. Checks are distributed from ICF directly to the grantees
- WRWF holds its Annual Meeting to celebrate the year and the grant recipients. All recipients are invited to attend and be recognized.